Thursday, October 16, 2008

Opus the penguin

If you haven't heard by now, Opus the penguin, star of the Opus comic strip, is going to be killed off by his creator, Berke Breathed. On November 2nd. This is sad for two reasons. First, Opus won't live to see the end of the Bush presidency, second, I like Opus. All the same, I suppose its nice that its coming to an end, Breathed was really milking it in the 90's and 2000's, just doing a sunday strip.. I mean, theres just no commitment there. Outland and Opus were never as funny as the original Bloom County strips. But they were still pretty good, hopefully they get replaced with something that isn't banal and tedious. Oh Marmaduke.. I don't mean you, you huge dog you. You're doggone funny.

At least Bill the Cat isn't being killed off... again.

1 comment:

Vundakin said...

Even thought Opus was not as good as Bloom County… it was still PRETTY DARN GOOD and I’m going to miss it. Thank goodness I still have my "Public Works" comic strip. www.PublicWorksComics.com I hope that one never ends.