Monday, May 18, 2009

CBC Radio annoyances - "Monsoon House"

I hate ethnic comedy. People from India making jokes about India and whatever crappy food they eat in India. Elephants or Curry or whatever. Or cultural differences. I hate that shit. I hate it! I don't care! But hey, that's just me. Maybe some people like it.

What I hate most though, is when listening to CBC Radio, they have a commercial for "Monsoon House" after every show. Every hour. On the hour. And they play horrible Indian sounding music that just makes me want to stab stab stab, but that's illegal.

Happily, I heard the commercial again today. Happily I say, because its the final episode or something. That's great! No longer will I have to hear this stupid commercial.

I don't care what this show is about. I just don't. I don't care how funny Russell Peters is. His voice could carry THC sonically direct to my brain and I wouldn't find it funny or desire to listen. I don't need to be beaten over the head to listen to something. You don't see CBC going this far to promote other shows. Just crap shows that they seem to think is all great.

Unfortunately, Wikipedia says this radio show is renewed for another season. Well fuck me.

Holy crap, a show about wild hogs is on Discovery Channel. Now that's interesting. Monsoon house, call me when you have a show about wild pigs threatening your dogs in the woods. I still won't listen, but at least it will be a step in the right direction.

No comments: