Sunday, June 21, 2009

So I opened my window up at night and I hear this sound. crunch crunch crunch. its a constant sound, though not uniform by any means. not loud enough to be anything more than a background noise, but all the same, I wondered what it was, then I saw some dangling cankerworms. It was them. They were all eating the leaves off of all the trees and making a noise that added together was perceptible to the human ear. It was totally the sound I was hearing. That's something crazy. This morning I saw a number of them hanging from strings, they seem to be about to make cocoons in order to overemphasize into annoying moths.

On the bright side, I saw a monarch butterfly this morning. They're fairly common during the summer but its nice to see them, and they were endangered at some point apparently for some reason that has to do with Mexico or something.

No comments: