Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Further on the subject of the Olympics, cheaply made collectors glasses

I hate collectors glasses. Theres the rare occasion where they're decent quality. McDonald's has made a few that I still have to this day despite the occasional minor drop from a meter or so. Petro Canada's Olympic collectors glasses don't appear to be quite so sturdily built, at least at first glance. I wonder if this is just profiteering, or if they think people won't use the glasses so they don't have to hold up to even .02 on the Richter scale.. I dunno. I feel bad for the gullible saps who buy these things.

First of all, if you make a glass, it shouldn't be so thin that it breaks. Otherwise its worthless. Secondly the proceeds go to the Olympic AND paralympic games. What if I'm a douchebag who doesn't want to support the paralympics? Which I am. Then again I don't really support the regular people Olympics either. Finally, I will give them credit that they look nice enough, design wise.

Anyways, let this be a lesson to the rest of you collectors glasses makers. Or even any old dollarama glasses or glasses from who knows where, wal-mart, sears. whatever.

Who would even buy thin glasses? Do they look nice or something? Theres no functionality to them.

No comments: