Tuesday, April 27, 2010

BUSTXT

I have no idea how Winnipeg Transits new BusTxt works.

I know how to text message, hell I can use T9 predictive text input on my Nokia. But I have no idea how to use bustxt, and I'm generally fairly computer savvy. If me, someone who may not be the most brilliant mind in the world yet perfectly capable of compiling a Linux Kernel, someone who can take apart a cell phone or laptop computer and fix it, someone who, if it weren't for laziness and lack of time could compile their own Linux distro from scratch, if someone like me can't use BusTxt.. who can? Teenagers? Is this a sign that I'm getting old? Somehow I refuse to believe this. I think that BusTxt, while generally a GOOD IDEA, was poorly executed. There has to be a better way. If anyone out there uses BusTxt frequently, please let me know. I like to think most people are just using Navigo on their crummy useless iphones. Speaking of iphones, Someone out there is working on porting Google Android to your useless you can't change the battery easily proprietary piece of garbage iphone.. so you have that going for you. Anyways , back to bustxt.. A for Effort, F for execution.

No comments: