Monday, August 22, 2011

The Late Jack Layton

It's a shame Jack Layton couldn't survive the cancer he had. He didn't look too good when he went for his leave of absence. He looked pretty good on the campaign trail though.

His absence will make the future political landscape interesting. What do the Liberals do? Who will the NDP get to replace him? Will Stephen Harper stick around for another go round?

I voted NDP last election. Even though I can't stand the NDP provincially. Will I do so next time without Jack Layton? I don't know.

I can't think of a bad thing to say about Jack Layton. And considering he was a politician, that's pretty amazing to me.

I hope one day that we can treat cancer and other diseases with retrovirus therapy and artificially grown transplanted organs. It may not be as profitable for corporations in the medical industry to do so, which is why we don't have it yet, but the people who do things because they believe in their ideals, like Jack Layton did, will surely one day succeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Political affiliations aside, Jack was just a really smart, charismatic dude that you couldn't help but love. It's a goddamn shame.