Friday, January 27, 2012

Chief Peguis extension

So I finally had an opportunity to drive down the Chief Peguis extension to Lagimodiere. For the most part I liked it. Obviously the sound barriers don't look that great, but it's better than nothing I suppose. Made my trip to the Kildonan Place area a lot quicker, definitely.

However, is it just me or is the Leila/Partridge/Main Street area more backed up now during rush hour? Are people commuting from that area instead of taking Henderson/Disraeli/The Perimeter? Will the opening up of the new Disraeli bridge alleviate some of the congestion there? It's gotten pretty bad in my opinion.

All the more reason to extend Chief Peguis until King Edward. Theres no logical reason for a street as huge as Main Street to be as backed up as it gets lately.

That said, Partridge could have moved faster if there were no cars parked on the side of the road from 3 - 5:30. Buses seemed to have trouble moving in and out because of the parked cars. Then again, I've only viewed it on a couple occasions. Maybe it's just an aberration.. though I doubt it.

No comments: